The Stanserhorn (1897m) lies between the villages of Stans, Ennetmoos, Kerns, Dallenwill and Oberdorf, south of Lake Lucerne and thus in the Unterwaldner Prealps. On the southeast flank at an altitude of 1226m the small resort of Wirzweli. In summer Wirzweli is a hiking area, in winter it has a ski lift and a children’s tow lift.
The railway to the Stanserhorn was opened on August 23, 1893, at the same time as the newly built Hotel Stanserhorn Kulm. In 1895, an electric searchlight with the power of 22,000 normal candles was installed on the summit to draw attention to the mountain as an attraction.
The revolving restaurant Rondorama was opened as a tourist attraction in 2001, giving a panoramic view of the Vosges and the Feldberg. Since 2012 it has been possible to travel up the Stanserhorn on the world’s only double-decker “convertible train”.